Industry: Non Government Organisation
Location: Port Vila, Vanuatu with short periods of travel to Tanna, Ambae and Santo.
Job Hours: Not Stated
Due Date: 1 Aug 2013
At Consulting Vanuatu we are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated person to join our consulting team. We invite and encourage suitably qualified people with the right skills and experience to apply for the following position.
The role of the Specialist will be to work with and train a team of local staff and then to collect and analyse data in order to measure changes in knowledge about child protection in Vanuatu.
The position is fixed term 5 month contract with the possibility of extension and further contracts.
Suitable candidates must have:
· Relevant university qualifications
· Specialist skills in human rights and child protection with specific experience in the Pacific, preferably in Vanuatu
· Knowledge of child protection in a cultural context at the community level in Vanuatu
· Experience in community engagement within Vanuatu
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation – particularly in understanding and measuring change in knowledge, attitudes and practice in communities in Vanuatu
· Ability to convey complex community development issues simply and clearly both verbally and in writing
· Experience in training and mentoring ni-Vanuatu staff
· Extensive experience reporting to senior management and donor agencies
· Proficient in English and Bislama
· Excellent written communication
Salary: Not Stated
Language: English and Bislama
How To Apply: To apply applicants are required to complete an online application at <this link>
Contact Name: Human Resource Manager