Location: Port Vila, Vanuatu
Job Hours: Full Time
Due Date: 8/01/2014
The Australian Aid Program is planning to establish a Vanuatu Health Resource Mechanism where it will contract a Vanuatu recruitment agency to recruit and manage local technical advisers to support the Vanuatu Health sector. Consulting Vanuatu Ltd has been short-listed to provide this service and is thus seeking expressions of interest from suitable applicants for the above position. Selected suitable candidates will be put forward by Consulting Vanuatu as part of our Tender bid.
We are thus seeking an Audit and Finance Officer familiar with Government of Vanuatu PFM systems to oversee and strengthen financial management procedures relating to Australian aid funds. The Officer will work with the Finance Division in the Ministry of Health, and a small donor funded specialist team to improve and strengthen Ministry PFM systems develop adequate safeguards for Australian and, potentially, other donor funding.
Please email us at Lenise.Monteiro@consultingvanuatu.com to receive a detailed Position Description. This will be a 12 month contract commencing late February 2014 with the possibility of a 12 month extension.
• Appropriate Pacific-level qualifications in accounting and managing funds through Government of Vanuatu systems. Page 3 of 66 funds through Government of Vanuatu systems
• Strong financial management and reporting skills with specific knowledge of financial management practices within the Vanuatu Government and preferable the Ministry of Health.
• 5-10 years’ experience in accounting, preferably in government.
• Demonstrated experience in a developing country context and understanding of internal controls and other Public Financial Management issues in low capacity settings.
• Proven management, organisational and communication skills.
• A tertiary degree in financial management and/or accounting is desirable but relevant experience will be taken into account
Salary: on request
Language: Strong spoken and written English and Bislama skills
How To Apply: We are seeking applicants from citizens and residents of Vanuatu only. To apply applicants are required to complete an online application and upload their resume by clicking the Big Red ‘Click to Apply’ button below <this link>
Email for more information: Lenise.Monteiro@consultingvanuatu.com