Location: Port Vila, Vanuatu
Job Hours: Part Time
Due Date: 8/01/2014
The Australian Aid Program is planning to establish a Vanuatu Health Resource Mechanism where it will contract a Vanuatu recruitment agency to recruit and manage local Technical Advisers to support the Vanuatu Health sector. Consulting Vanuatu Ltd has been short-listed to provide this service and is thus seeking expressions of interest from suitable applicants for the above position. Selected suitable candidates will be put forward by Consulting Vanuatu as part of our Tender bid.
In order for Vanuatu to continue to access Global Fund grants for national HIV, Tuberculosis and Malaria programs, the Vanuatu Country Coordinating Mechanism (VCCM) must be strengthened. Thus we are seeking local consultant that will be charged with revitalising the VCCM according to Global Fund standards and procedures adapted to the Vanuatu context.
Please email us at Lenise.Monteiro@consultingvanuatu.com to receive a detailed Position Description. This will be a 12 month contract commencing late February 2014 working a total of 20 hours a week.
• Project management – Capable of leading the secretariat team and motivating partners, coordinating communication activities and achieving practical outcomes.
• Results-oriented problem solving – Able to develop solutions to deliver tangible results for the VCCM, its members and other stakeholders.
• Innovation and analytical skills – Able to generate new ideas and opportunities, develop policy advice based on sound analysis, and support original solutions.
• Influencing and relationship building skills – Demonstrate strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills. Contribute to building productive relationships and partnerships across the organisation and with stakeholders.
• Cultural awareness – Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated understanding of developing country environments, with knowledge of Pacific Island countries and territories being an advantage.
Salary: ARF Classification Level C2 (no living or mobility allowances to be granted)
Language: Language skills – Proficient in English, with a working knowledge of Bislama essential.
How To Apply: We are seeking applicants from citizens and residents of Vanuatu only. To apply applicants are required to complete an online application and upload their resume by clicking the Big Red ‘Click to Apply’ button below <this link>
Email for more information: Lenise.Monteiro@consultingvanuatu.com