|Vanuatu Education Support Program (VESP)|
Port Vila, with regular travel to the islands of Vanuatu
Contract - Full Time
Accountability and working Relationships
- The Assistant Building Surveyor is accountable to the VESP Secretariat Manager.
- On a day to day basis the Assistant Building Surveyor will work under the supervision of the VESP School Infrastructure Adviser.
The Assistant Building Surveyor will be engaged to assist the Facilities Unit of the Ministry of Education and Training to carry out the duties outlined below. Travel to other islands for survey work or training purposes will be required and may involve additional working hours.
The duties of the Assistant Building Surveyor will include the following:
1. Carry out measured surveys of primary schools physical infrastructure to include:
§ The shape, extent and physical characteristics of school lands
§ all school buildings; fencing; water supply; toilets or latrines
§ rubbish collection and disposal
§ play areas, type, condition and size
§ electrical supply; telephone system, type and condition
§ school furniture, number and condition,
§ education equipment such as pin/blackboards
§ parking or vehicle movement on the school site
§ pedestrian access to the school
§ Vehicle access to the school, etc.
§ Access for disabled students
§ any other site / building specific features
§ Any other areas relevant agreed with the TA.
2. Meet with school Head teachers during the survey visits to gather information on the schools current situation such as:
§ the number of children
§ the number of classes
§ the number of teachers
§ the location of each class
§ the number of children in each class,
§ any future plans for the schools
§ the extent of the school lands
§ the land lease situation
§ any other area relevant agreed with the TA
3. Collate all the information collected, present it for checking in the agreed formats and then save the information into the PIU servers and database as required.
4. Assist with entry of data into the Ministry’s database as required.
5. Assist with travel and transport arrangements in advance of survey visits.
6. Maintain records for audit supposes of any expense incurred during survey trips.
7. General office duties as required by the designated supervisor in the Facilities unit.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Certificate in Building Construction or Surveying would be advantageous but is not essential as previous surveying and interviewing experience will be considered
- Some office experience is essential
- Experience of living, traveling and working in rural locations outside Port Vila
- Good written and oral skills both in English and Bislama
- Ability to work under own initiative on a day to day basis
- Good knowledge of and ability to use computers
- Willingness to learn the use of Autocad drawing packages is essential.
|English and Bislama|
|How To Apply:|
For a detailed position description and for essential application procedures for the position please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the relevant job reference number quoted above. For further enquiries please contact the email address provided.
The following position above is open to Vanuatu Nationals.
Coffey is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work around the world. Coffey reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.
02-July-15 Direct from Employer
|For further information on the above Vanuatu job please see the source or contact the employer directly.|