|Care International Vanuatu|
Non Government Organization
Port Vila - with regular travels to Tafea Region.
Available to work for all or part of the period between July-October 15.Due Date:
CARE International in Vanuatu is looking for a woman or man to implement WASH programs (situational assessments, water and sanitation improvement and hygiene promotion) as part of the Cyclone emergency response. The successful candidate would ideally have experience working on water supply systems in Vanuatu and would have the skills to ensure that women, young people and people with disabilities participate in and are involved in decision making around WASH issues. The role involves working in a team and would coordinate with Government, Community and other WASH organisations in Tafea Province. The candidate would ideally be available to work for all or part of the period between July-October 15.
Coordination and Representation: % of Time: 40%
1. Represent CARE at WASH cluster meetings.
2. Represent CARE’s WASH program at the local level with Government, community leaders and other agencies.
3. Involved in the development of new WASH proposals in collaboration with the WASH Coordinator, logistics, finance, HR, and program staff.
4. Involved in the preparation of donor technical reports with accurate information.
Programme Technical: % of Time: 40%
1. Ensure compliance with CARE’s Gender standards are promoted in the WASH response.
2. Ensure women, young people and people with disabilities participate in decision making around WASH issues.
3. Ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs that CARE’s program creates harmony in communities at all times.
4. Assist in the implementation of appropriate monitoring activities for all WASH activities.
5. Assist in ensuring systems are in place for the operation and maintenance of all water supplies and sanitation facilities, including the provision of all necessary trainings to community groups.
6. Assist the WASH Coordinator in the selection, design and construction of water systems, including abstraction, storage, treatment and distribution for new systems or rehabilitation of existing systems.
7. Assist in sanitation consultation to ensure sanitation systems are installed, in consultation with the beneficiaries, which includes PHAST /CLTS and other excreta disposal options, refuse disposal, vector control and drainage.
Human Resource Management: % of Time - 10%
1. Coordinate and manage field visits.
2. Coordinate with other members of the project team and with staff of other organizations
3. Assist in coordination, joint planning and implementation, between the WASH teams, Shelter, Distribution, Livelihood, Nutrition and other so that the activities could complement each other.
Logistics and Supply Management: % of Time - 10%
1. Ensure proper verification of all WASH supplies before procurement and delivery to the project sites in collaboration with the WASH coordinator and logistics team.
2. Work with the Logistics team to develop a procurement plan for WASH supplies during humanitarian response with assistance from WASH Coordinator.
3. In coordination with the Logistics team, ensure effective supply chain management for delivery and management of WASH materials and supplies for programs.
4. Together with the Logistics team, ensure donor regulations on procurement are complied with at all times and where possible waivers are sought for during the proposal designs.
Skills and Competence
|How To Apply:|
Applicants should send a CV and a covering email/letter to the following email or postal address provided below. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Address: PO Box 1129, Port Vila, Vanuatu
13-July-15 Direct from Employer
|For further information on the above Vanuatu job please see the source or contact the employer directly.|