|Ministry of Tourism, Trades, Commerce & Ni-Vanuatu Business|
The assignment will be based in Port Vila, Vanuatu, with field investigations envisaged to Tanna, Espiritu Santo, Malekula, Efate, Ambrym and Epi.
The Office of the Registrar of Cooperatives and Business Development Services (ORCBDS) is seeking the services of an international expert to draft the National Cooperative Policy 2017-2022 alongside a national expert with input and direction from the Director of the ORCBDS. The policy will guide cooperative development from 2017 and onwards.
The international expert will provide the following services over two missions:
- Review relevant documents, see preliminary list attached as Annex 1. (Refer to TOR)
- Carry out necessary consultations and field investigations to identify the key barriers to increase cooperative business, including assessment of existing cooperatives in retail, finance (savings and loans) and production. Together with the literature review, the findings will form the basis of a situational analysis
- Based on the information in the above documents and further discussion with the ORBDS Director, draft a concept note for the policy. The policy should include (but not necessarily be limited to):
- Strategies to overcome the barriers identified in the situational analysis (to be included in the policy as an implementation matrix)
- Identify how the ORCBDS should be organised to implement these strategies and
- Identify how the ORCBDS should fund the projects to implement the policy.
The concept note should also include a policy document outline with instructions for the ORCBDS and the national consultant for what information must be provided in the drafting.
Following the delivery of the draft concept note, there will be a 2 weeks break to the mission, or as otherwise agreed when finalising the work schedule tentatively outlined in Section 4.4.
Based on the draft concept note, in the cessation, the national consultant will provide the following services:
- Consult all stakeholders on the concept note; make necessary changes; and validate the content with the NCP Committee
- Collect the specific information outline in the concept note together with the responsible staff in the ORCBDS.
- Prepare the first draft of the policy and the implementation matrix
- Prepare necessary material for workshop, and, together with the national consultant, support the Director ORCBDS in presenting the draft NCP to a workshop of stakeholders for further input
- Incorporate relevant comments from the workshop and finalise the NCP
- Support the national consultant in drafting the Corporate Plan
- Reviews the draft corporate plan prepared by the national consultant, and provides recommendations for further drafting and finalisation
- Prepare necessary material for final validation workshop, and together with the national consultant, support the Director ORCBDS in presenting the draft NCP and the corporate plan to a workshop of stakeholders for final inputs
- Incorporate inputs from the validation workshop and submit final versions of the outputs to the Director of the ORCBDS.
The ORCBDS estimates that the above tasks will require 60 working days over two missions starting in September 2016 (or when the contract is signed) through December, 2016.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Economics or a relevant discipline, business, management, agribusiness. Alternatively, a bachelor degree in a relevant field with additional 8 years of relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with administration of cooperatives either as a manager or advisor. Or alternatively, a demonstrably relevant experience
- Experience in agricultural value chain development
- Demonstrated competency in government planning, with experience in policy drafting and facilitation of corporate planning preferably related to cooperative development
- At least 3 years in a developing country context, preferably in the Pacific
- Experience interfacing with private and public sector at various levels.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential.
|How To Apply:|
There is no restriction on the nationality, citizenship or current residence of the candidate. Interested applicants should fill in the Request for Expression on Interest (REOI) – Documents will include all REOI requirements and response forms and copy of the full Terms of Reference (TOR) can be downloaded from:
Responses for EOI can be emailed to the Secretary, Central Tenders Board Office on firstname.lastname@example.org by latest Thursday 25 August 2016 (11:00 local Port Vila time [GMT +11]) and hard copy can be dropped or to be send by post to the Secretary, Central Tenders Board, Ministry of Finance & Economic Management, S.I.P Building, PMB 9058, Port Vila in sealed envelope and be clearly marked “REOI Ref: MTTCNVB S1601 Recruitment of International Expert to Draft the National Cooperative Policy 2017-2022”
|Mr Ridley Joseph | Mr James Tatangis|
Ministry of Finance & Economic Management, S.I.P Building, PMB 9058, Port Vila, Vanuatu
08-August-16 Direct from Employer
|For further information on the above Vanuatu job please see the source or contact the employer directly.|