|Ministry of Tourism, Trade, Commerce & Ni-Vanuatu Business|
The assignment will be based in Port Vila, Vanuatu, with field investigations envisaged to Santo, Malekula, Efate and Tanna.
The Department of Industry (DOI) is seeking the services of a national expert. The expert will support the DOI and an international expert in drafting the National Industry Policy 2017-2022. The policy will guide Industry development from 2017 and onwards.The support to the drafting of the National Industry Policy 2017-2022 will be both logistical and technical in nature. In terms of logistics, the national expert will be responsible for facilitating meetings during consultations in Port Vila and other selected locations including the final validation workshop. In terms of technical support, the national expert will support in the preparation of all outputs outlined in the TOR and ensure that the recommendations from the project are suitable for Vanuatu.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- A bachelor degree in economics, industrial development or any other fields in the socials
- Proven working experience or development policies and related sectors in Vanuatu or the Pacific
- Proven experience in undertaking economic and social development assessments in the industrial sector
- Excellent knowledge of industrial development, value addition and issues affecting developmental growth in the Pacific
- Experience in development and review of economic or development policy
- Excellent communication and analytical and reporting skills
- Experience in stakeholder dialogue and national, provincial and community level participatory consultation processes
- Ability to organize and facilitate workshops and meetings
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Bislama. Good understanding of French would be an advantage.
|How To Apply:|
Both male and female are encouraged to apply. Please send your CV and a cover letter of maximum 4000 characters including spaces to James Tatangis via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org before 11am on Monday 23 January 2017. If you would like to review the Terms of Reference (ToR), please also contact James Tatangis.
11-Jan-17 Direct from Employer
|For further information on the above Vanuatu job please see the source or contact the employer directly.|