|The Fred Hollows Foundation New Zealand (with Ministry of Health Partnership)|
Port Vila, VanuatuJob Hours:
The Public Health directorate under the Ministry of Health with collaboration between the Fred Hollows Foundation New Zealand wishes to recruit an experienced and qualified person to the position seen below.
The Eye Care Project Coordinator has responsibility for implementing all of the Fred Hollows Foundation’s contracted Program activities that pertain to Diabetic Retinopathy (DR) and eye care programs in Vanuatu, under the supervision of the Ministry of Health, Public Health Directorate Programs. The role will work closely with the current NCD, DR personnel, and eye team. The Eye Care Project Coordinator will implement and coordinate DR programs, travel throughout Vanuatu to create awareness, facilitate trainings, and strengthen referral pathways to address general and diabetic related eye conditions.
The role is essential in establishing the program in a way that leads to long term sustainability through integration with existing health systems. It is envisaged that, at end of contract term, this role will be transferred into the Ministry of Health’s (MoH) organizational structure under the Public Health Directorate.
- Recognized registered nursing qualification, or
- Diploma, degree, certificate or qualification in a relevant clinical or public health field
- 2+ years clinical experience at both hospitals and Community Public Health Nursing experiences
- Formal training in NCD or Eye Care and/or diploma or certificate in Eye Care, Dietetics and/or NCDs
- Good competency in computers (Word, Excel, Email)
- Team oriented, ability to develop programs, problem solve and lead with limited directive. Seeks out new ways of achieving results when faced with challenges
- Works across all levels, with patients, health workers, doctors and Ministry of Health staff
- Able to communicate effectively and directly with local and international partners
- Demonstrates respect, integrity and strives for the mission of improved health for the people of Vanuatu.
|How To Apply:|
Email, Telephone, In person. Qualified and interested individuals should submit an application letter together with CV to the email address provided below.
Public Health Directorate, PMB 9009, Ministry of Health, Port Vila, Vanuatu
28-Mar-17 Direct from Employer
|For further information on the above Vanuatu job please see the source or contact the employer directly.|