Other Business Services
Santo & Port Vila, VanuatuJob Hours:
Assisting the Manager in planning, initiating, and managing IT related projects, guiding and supporting the work of other staff, and in serving as a liaison between business and technical aspects of projects.
This is a key role in leading, managing, coordinating and supporting core IT systems and operations and other IT/ICT related responsibilities.
Manage, support and maintain the local area network including its applications, its associated wide area network, and users of these systems.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the integrity and security of core IT systems and operations, and all of its IT/ICT related equipment
- Installing, configuring, and supporting predominantly Windows based server infrastructure
- Database management
- Writing and maintaining IT/ICT policies and specifications
- Assisting the planning, acquisition, implementation and operation of IT equipment and software to enable the achievement of the organization’s objectives and the security and integrity of its IT systems
- Ensuring infrastructure systems and services are operating at optimal level to ensure operations function, and that there is high availability and recoverability
- Display the ability to monitor and make improvements to IT system, hardware, software and systems, take corrective action, and conduct appropriate in-house IT/ICT related training.
- At least 3 years relevant and direct, hands-on, IT/ ICT/Information Systems experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluent in English and Bislama
- High-level knowledge and demonstrable understanding of IT management of server services such as DNS, virtualization, DHCP, IP, routing
- High-level and demonstrable knowledge and understanding of proxy and firewalls
- Sound knowledge and a demonstrable understanding of Project Management and Project Coordination skills
- High level competence in computing applications; e.g. in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Skill-sets to enable recommendations on the use of innovative technologies in mobile devices, social media and web based applications
- Preferred but not essential: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or ICT related subjects.
|Attractive salary & conditions|
|How To Apply:|
Initially simply email CV. Shortlisted applications will be asked to email references and qualifications.
28-Mar-17 Direct from Employer
|For further information on the above Vanuatu job please see the source or contact the employer directly.|